Small Business Website Essentials
I believe that if you spoke with just about any business owner they will tell you, building a new website is about the last thing they ever want to do.
I know for a fact if you spoke to a web design company they will tell you that business owners don’t have a clue on how a website should look and feel.
We thought we would give everyone a better idea of what it takes to have a good business website.
To be able to properly do this, one of the first things everyone needs to realize is a website isn’t for the business, it is for the PUBLIC. It is there to enlighten them on the business and how that business can help the PUBLIC solve their problems.
- Display what clients your business services (this is to ensure that a person knows he came to the right website).
- Display the problems your clientele run into (the reason a person is coming to your website is due to having a problem or needing information your business hopefully can solve).
- Highlight how your business solves these problems (present the solution).
- Highlight your unique selling proposition (why should a potential customer/client choose your business over that of your competitors).
- The ability to acquire the identity of those who come to your website (to be able to further remarket to potential clients).
- Contact Information should be displayed in such a way to be easily seen on every possible page.
- Ensure that you give clear and product descriptions and you always keep the information up to date.
- Make sure that you have quick links to all your social media profiles
- Use video whenever possible as it will help conversions
- Ensure your website is built with responsive design (meaning it will look good on desktop and mobile, regardless of the device it is being looked at on).
- Ensure that you build the website so that it is FAST.
Hopefully these essentials will help your next website project run a little smoother.
Websites are important. They are the foundation of every digital marketing strategy and need to be done properly to ensure conversions can occur on the website.
We hope that you have found this article helpful. If you wish to continue to get articles such as this please feel free to follow any of our social media accounts or subscribe to our blog.
A website is the foundation of any digital marketing. A website’s bounce rate is a statistic that shows the percentage of people who land on one page of your website and then leave without visiting any other page of your website. If a person bounces off your website,...
Last week we were speaking with a local business owner as he decided on his marketing budget. His local business is new in this area and he asked me where he should allocate more of his resources, “Digital Paid Advertising or Search Engine Optimization”? This is a...
Local and Small businesses need marketing more than medium and large businesses, even if they don’t even know it. So what can a marketing company actually do for a local or small business? This will by no means be everything a marketing company can do for you, but...